For four generations, Hiawatha Beach Resort has been a family-owned and operated resort located on the north shore of Leech Lake in Minnesota. Established in 1920 as a lodge catering to duck hunters, it was originally named from the classic 1855 poem The Song of Hiawatha by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Back then, the resort had a solid reputation for providing a “warm bed and hot meal”. In the late 1950’s, Hiawatha became known for its exceptional lake fishing, in addition to developing a loyal cadre of customers who came back for our home-cooked meals and delicious pies. Today, Hiawatha Beach Resort has become a very popular destination for individuals and families, corporations and other private companies seeking to have an exciting vacation, corporate retreat, or gathering at a wholesome, family-oriented lake front resort. To many hundreds of Minnesotans and many more around the world, Hiawatha Beach Resort has become their “home away from home”.
Bring your family or group to Hiawatha Beach Resort; the perfect place to unwind and reconnect with nature and each other. Our Lodge was completely rebuilt in 2006 and has all of the modern conveniences and amenities: large indoor heated pool and hot tub, a movie room with big screen TV, a video arcade, full kitchens and beautiful views of Steamboat Bay. We have a large lakeside banquet hall and 32 fully-renovated lodge rooms and private cabins to relax and have fun in. In fact, the resort was conceived and designed to help families, friends, and business associates to spend quality time together, whether that means relaxing by the pool, renting a pontoon boat, jumping on the water trampoline, or going fishing on the lake.
For more information or to book your stay, please call us at (218) 547-1510 or click the button below for online booking.
Hiawatha Beach Resort is proud to offer the following amenities and special features to our guests.
- Protected Marina
- Large indoor heated pool and spa
- Large beach and lakeside patio
- Planned children’s activities throughout the week
- Full restaurant and bar
- New bikes to rent with easy trail access
- Beach volleyball court
- Large fields for lawn games
- Free sporting equipment rental – Equipment includes kick balls, badminton sets, baseball bats/gloves, softballs, volleyballs, croquet, horse shoes, and ladder ball
- Play boats at no additional charge – Boats include canoes, kayaks and paddle boats
- Movie viewing room
- NEW Playground
- Lounge areas for playing games
- Fire rings at every cottage/campsite
- BBQ Webbers and picnic tables free upon request
- Level resort grounds
- Warm Steamboat Bay
- Lakeside breeze
- Lakeside access to restaurant
- Great fishing off the dock
- Free lifejacket rentals
- Live bait, fishing licenses, and tackle
- And many, many more…